Thursday, March 27, 2008

Apple Cider Vinegar: Does a Body Good

Has anyone else out there heard/read about the benefits of Bragg Organic Apple Cider Vinegar? Supposedly a few teaspoons a day in some water can cure whatever ails you. What IS this vinegar, you ask? Here is what the website says:
Certified Bragg Organic Raw Apple Cider Vinegar is unfiltered, unheated, unpasteurized and 5% acidity. Contains the amazing Mother of Vinegar which occurs naturally as strand-like enzymes of connected protein molecules.
The long list of internal and external health benefits includes the following: supports healthy immune systems, helps control weight, promotes healthy skin, promotes digestion (ahem fiber post from earlier), and relieves muscle pain. I have even read that it helps with allergies!!

Miracle drink or crock of you know what? I decided to try it out for myself. Last month, I started the day with 2 teaspoons of the vinegar in a glass of cold water. It tasted sort of gross at first, but then I started to like it and it even started to taste refreshing! Without going into too much detail, I found that it does INDEED help with digestion. I also found that I was not starving by lunch, and I stopped craving my usual cup of caffeine first thing at work... Pure coincidence? Possibly... But I stopped drinking it all last week because I had a cold, and sure enough, some zit bombs have flared up this week... Hmmmm...

What do other people say, you might wonder? Well, I haven't found anything that says it's a hoax. EarthClinic.com seems to think it's for real. For more information from the Bragg people, click here. Try it out and let me know what you think. It may not look pretty, but it could work tiny miracles.

3 comments:

les said...

i just saw this on some celebrity channel. supposedly, all the celebs are drinking it after a meal to cleanse their bodies and help with weight loss. where can you find it??

CMase said...

Whole Foods!! I bet the Teet has it too -- it will look like it has gross stuff in the bottom, but that's how you know it's good... Just shake it up.

Shannon said...

buying it tomorrow...